Monday, November 3, 2008

Halllooooowwweeeennn....

It's that time of year again. When the leaves start falling, it's 32 degrees in the morning and 84 in the afternoon, and the kids start bombarding me with "Hey Mom, how many days till Halloween??

To prepare for the long awaited holiday, we carved some pumpkins. I have to say, as the years pass, our carving skills are getting better and better. I would like to go back to the jack-o-lantern face again. It's much easier that what we try to pull off!



Sonic & Mario with the flash on...



then at night. Not bad, huh?



Then comes the dress up time. After a lot of planning, and a lot of searching for size 10 boys overalls (who knew they made such a thing, and thanks DEB for finding them!!),


we end up with Mario & Luigi!!





We got to go to our church's Fall Festival again. So much fun!! The kids had a great time & loaded up on the candy!!


Here's some of my friends...50's, 60's, 70's & 80's!


Here's "Crazy Church Lady" & 80's chick


Crazy Church Lady again with 70's

After the fall festival, some of us joined back up to get ready for our trick-or-treating.

Here's a fine looking group of kids!


And here they are loaded up on the no-hay hay ride.

It was a loooonnnnggg hard day of Halloweening. They were getting pretty pooped & smeared up @ this point. We sure did get a bunch of candy though!! Let me know if you want some.


5 comments:

Stephanie said...

How cute are the boys. Your Crazy Church Lady costume is awesome. Very original. You just totally made me laugh!
Steph Smith

Pam said...

O how cute is this blog. You have gone way beyond me. I guess I'll have to try to get the neat back ground.
You are so clever with sayings and pictures. Great job.
Ditto on the laughing!

Pam said...

I had to come back and comment again. I looked at the whole blog. I did see it when you began but now I've seen it all and you are good at this. This will be one I check often. Thanks for sharing your family fun. Darling kids.

Jamie King said...

This is the first time I have seen the boys costumes!!! Jen they looked adorable!!! You are so creative!

Tootle Family said...

Mario and Luigi are AWESOME!!!! Nice! I think i'll have you decide Ryan's costume next year. I did a horrible job.