Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Tribute to my Friend Jamie

I have been blessed with MANY friends here in Spring Branch. Luckily some are still here, while a few have moved away. Yuck. The one I am talking about today is my dear friend Jamie.

Jamie is an amazing person. She has several, SEVERAL talents. Some including being a wonderful mother to two BEAUTIFUL children who keep her very busy and an amazing wife to a great husband. She home schools those two children, and STILL manages to be one of our Children's Pastors @ our church. There are several posts on our VBS here that you can scroll down and see the proof that she's one busy person. She is also normally followed by her sweet and close family. She lives on the "compound" with her WHOLE family. (There's 6 houses besides her's!) She's one heck of a good person to know!!

Well, about 21 weeks or so ago, my sweet and crazy friend Jamie called me. After about 20 minutes of conversation, she said, "Hey Jen, there's something I need to tell you." I just kept talking throwing in "what? you're pregnant?" and continued on with my conversation, never skipping a beat. See, my friend Jamie and I, along with several of my friends (AT THE TIME), were in this secret "we're done having kids" club. The "you're pregnant." comment is just the normal thing you say when you say "Hey...guess what?" Welllll...Jamie didn't continue to the next conversation, she kept going with that one saying "Yes."

So, the last 21 weeks have been VERY eventful in Jamie's world, and I am lucky to have been a part of it. It started with me getting sonogram jelly on my neck (long story) and is continuing with many, many laughs and MANY prayers. My sweet and jolly friend has been put on bed rest and house arrest. It's kind of like putting a baby Jack Russell puppy into a kennel, for a month. And never letting it out. She's starting to bust at her seams, literally. This little sweet baby girl she's cooking inside of her little oven is coming, and a little too quickly. So, she sits at home. With her husband, her 2 children (that she is continuing to home school-on her bed!), and her 3 dogs. Oh-and she is still our children's pastor. Again, doing it all from her bed/couch!! She is quite the multi-tasker. She is LUCKY to have many family members around to help, and to sometimes make her laugh (which she's not supposed to do too much) AND drive her nuts. :) The husband and kids are doing REALLY well, considering the complete upside down-ness that has happened in their world, and we hope that she just gets to stay @ HOME to keep being with them. So, we as her friends try and help too, the best we know how.

Here's my latest attempt on keeping her feeling her plugged in.

Here you go friend...


3 comments:

Jamie King said...

I have never cried so hard in my life.... I miss my sweet little people SSSOOO much. I had no clue how much I was keeping it in until I watched that video! Thank you my sweet sweet friend. that meant so much to me... you will never know how much! I can't wait to be back. But for now God has me here!!! I just told my grandfather on Saturday that I was so glad to have true authentic friends here. The kind you have the rest of your life. The kind that you trust with your stuff....all your stuff....even your sonogram jelly!!! I love you all!!!

raenette said...

great blog jen. You are great! We do miss you Jamie so much!

The Blevins' said...

This is the best thing i have seen in a long time. How cool is this. What a cute video. Who knew you had that editing talent. Now it is out and I am going to make sure i utilize it. Jamie is lucky to have a friend like you. I also love the stories. Just think what we will be able to tell Elli when she gets here....all about how Jen made a huge fool of herself when she was still in her mommy's tummy :)