Wednesday, December 10, 2008

November catch up...part 2

I am sorry, this entry should be named "Camron's birthday 2 weeks"

See, I was deprived of birthday parties when I was a kid. I had one. I think I was 12 or 13. I wasn't used to the whole "everyone look at me" thing, so my one birthday party was a bust. We had a water balloon fight, then I think I cried. Boo hoo. (Totally not to harass my parents. It wasn't their fault!) SO, to make up for that, I have made it a point thus far to always make a big deal out of birthdays for my kids. Well, Camron's birthday is and always will be either right before, on, or right after Thanksgiving. Which is hard to plan a birthday around. So, we used to have Birthday week, which has this year turned into birthday 2 weeks this year. Here's a few pictures of his big day (s).



First it was a celebration at Mamaw's and Papaw's in Houston the weekend before. She made a cake for both 8 year old Cam & my 11 year old nephew Colton.





Here's some of the grandkids! Missing 8!






Then came the traditional "Mom will make you anything you want for breakfast and Dad will decorate the pancake" tradition. And, you get to pick how you want your hair & pick out your own clothes. He, of course, decided on his pink shirt!



My boys!


Birthday lunch @ school. And, a good view of the favorite shirt. (This one's for you Mamaw!)





Then it's the birthday presents from the Aunts who are SO GOOD about being on TIME!! (Unlike me!!) Thank you Aunt Toni & Aunt Wendy!





Then...it's the you get to pick the restaurant for dinner. Chili's.





Then, I went a little crazy. Time for the birthday party. We started with finding the right cake. Found out, nobody makes Mario or Luigi cakes. Well, with out paying an arm & a leg. So, I found this picture on line, and in my crazy state, decided that I COULD DO THAT.

Here's their version.

One thing different with me, I have never made a cake, or I have never made anything but a 9x13 rectangle with icing and some figurines on it. So...lookie here! I did it!



Here's the Jen Taylor version!







Eyes on the mushrooms...



Close & personal with the goomba.





Again, being crazy, I decided to make all the kids Mario hats like my boys had for halloween, and some yummy popcorn!


Boys eating pizza!

Camron with his cake!



Crazy kids with the silly face picture




No party is complete without mustaches & sideburns on 8 year olds. We had a great time!

Happy Birthday my sweet Camron. I love you so much!!

No comments: