Monday, December 15, 2008

Still catching up...

The end of November is such a blur in our house. Brandon's kindergarten class had a huge Thanksgiving feast! They had so much fun decorating, eating, doing crafts, playing, and the best was the class picture! 21 kids, all standing in a row. "She touched me", "he's looking at me", "she's in my spot", "Mrs. Blevins-the sun's in my eyes!" and on and on. All I can say is that Brandon's teacher is amazing to do this EVERY day. I love her.

Here's the whole class



Sweet Brandon, with the sun in his eyes


Here he is with his sweet friend Madison.




Now on for our Turkey day, we got to spend it with the oh so sweet Dean/King family. They were so sweet to include us!!
Thanks Josh for doing the dreaded task of the family picture taking extravaganza!



I didn't get many pictures of he fun filled day, but here I am with my sweet friend Joanie! (The only other picture I got was of sweet Jamie asleep on the couch, and she'd KILL me if I posted that one!



Our friends, the Kleins, went out of town for Turkey day, so we got to babysit their dog Sugar for several days. So fun!! (that's her on the right)


THEN...from that last picture you might think, wow Cowboy looks sad. We he wasn't sad, but REALLY sick. After a visit to the vet the next day, we discovered that he had an intestinal blockage and had to have surgery! Poor guy. He was a trooper, and after them tellling us that he had a VERY slim chance that he'd pull through, HE DID!! Yeah Cowboy!! As soon as he came out of anesthesia, they were putting his IV in, and he was already wagging his tail. He just likes to be pet!


Here he is the day he came home, two days after his surgery. Surgery or not, the boy has to have his tennis balls around.



Then, he had to get the lamp shade. Poor guy. He was embarrased.

He's doing great now, and we just have to keep a really good eye on him, not let him run around too much, and keep giving him wet food for about a month so his insides can heal.
Then Bubba and Uncle Craig came for a quick visit/needed a place to crash for the night on their way to Iowa to go hunting.
Here Bubba is sporting his new hunting hat, which just so happened to match his sweet hunting mustache.

Christmas posts will be on the way soon!!!

2 comments:

Jamie King said...

That is a pretty funny picture. Leave it to me to crash and burn with a house full of people. That's when you know I love you!!

raenette said...

we sure do have pretty dogs!!! The hat and stash is cracking me up!!!!