Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Secret Lives of Moms

There's a new show that I am excited about...In the Motherhood. For those of us who are Mom's, it's no wonder that they finally made a show about how FUNNY being a mom is, and that everyone is in the same boat-even though nobody knows it. I never watch Oprah, but I did yesterday, and she had a panel of ladies on there which gave the idea for the new show. The Oprah show was hilarious and just reminded me that #1, Moms are FUNNY, and #2, we are not in this alone.

It did remind me of this video though. I got to see Anita Renfroe @ Women of Faith last year, and she did this piece. This is someone else doing it, but still great. I don't care how many times I've heard it, it's still funny.



Here's one of my favorite tid-bits from the show...


Dee-Dee is currently a stay-at-home mom, but she was a working mother once too. "The competition is there because we create it for ourselves," she says. "There's really no reason to compete, because [stay-at-home moms] are just as busy as the working mom. The working mom is just as busy as we are. We just tend to sometimes put the focus on the wrong things. We're all busy 24/7. I consider myself an at-home working mother." Amy says these wars arise out of our own uncertainties as mothers. "We're insecure about the choices we're making—that's why we're judging each other," she says. "We need to give ourselves a collective break." Try Amy and Trisha's judgment exercise. "Have compassion for each other," Trisha says. "Realize we all have issues, and we're all doing the best we can."

OH yeah, one lady on the show started a blog when she was pregnant with her first baby. She just was REAL about the pregnancy & about becoming a mom. Her husband has quit his job, and they both full time run this blog. Why you ask? Cause she gets $40k a MONTH in advertising $ for her blog. WHAT? Seriously. I think I am almost there. Anyone want some advertising on mine?

No comments: