Sunday, October 11, 2009

you get chickens, you get chicken eggs!

So I thought to myself one day, I wonder if I can let the chickens roam throughout the backyard? Really, it's OUR training, not the chickens I was worried about. Can we be SO careful not to let the 2 dogs out, so that we can keep getting eggs and not have chicken stew?

So, after a phone call to my friend Rob & Kim, my chicken goo-roos, I decided to let em out of their cage! And man...do they LOVE it! They chicken around all through the backyard & have a blast! (These pics really pick up all the beautiful hill country rock we have in the backyard. It's free, by the way. Just come load & take as much as you want!)






Then, they do this strange dirt bath thing where they waller around in the dirt. It's weird.

And now they're coming up real close to the house! They're getting braver & braver!

Right after we started letting them out, they started laying more! I was so excited one day when I got this!


Then, a couple days later, we were up to this!
Posted by Picasa
Needless to say, we eat a lot of eggs. And egg sandwiches. And omlets. And egg soup. And boiled eggs. Eggs, eggs and more eggs. Blake checked today, and found 11 more! Seriously!

No comments: