Saturday, November 7, 2009

40 for Brooke on Saturday




My sweet & dear friend Brooke posted a comment about not making my 11 on Thursday post. So, this one is for her.
Frankly, I have had a REALLY hard time trying to come up with something to say about this sweet Brookie lately. She has really left me speechless for the last 6 weeks, so here is an attempt of her greatness.
1. You let me forget that I am 5 1/2 years older than you.
2. You are brilliant. And you don't let my non-brilliant self feel dumb. Well, sometimes you correct me, but that's ok, cause you could do it a lot more than you do.
3. You watch girly movies with me (and watch our husband squirm in the chairs next to us).
4. When I am making you NO sense, you understand me.
5. You can finish my sentences.
6. You are not a hugger, like me.
7. You made me somewhat of a runner. I still don't like it, by the way, but I NEVER would have done it with out you.
8. You call me to go for a walk/run.
9. You listen to me.
10. You help me with ANYTHING I ask you to do.
11. You help me when I don't even ask.
12. You watch my kids. A LOT.
13. You clean my kitchen all the time.
14. You never say I am a bad Mom, when you've seen me do lots of stupid things.
15. You love Jesus so much.
16. You taught me to love Jesus.
17. You are my #1 emergency contact on all the kids' forms. Have I even told you that one? Mental note, if you see that 980-8700 # come across...
18. You always have brilliant ideas when it comes to anything that needs to be done.
19. You are a very eloquent speaker.
20. You helped me get my baby weight off (even though it had been there for 5+ years)
21. You never, ever said that I had baby weight to loose until it was gone.
22. You calm my nerves when I am crazy.
23. Have I mentioned that you are brilliant?
24. You buy me gifts when you don't have to.
25. You call me all the time even though you don't like to talk on the phone.
26. You are one of the best mothers I have ever met.
27. You tried sushi cause I asked you to. (and loved it)
28. You threw me a suprise birthday party.
29. You are a wonderful cook.
30. You make desserts that make me want to put that #20 back on.
31. You lift me up when I am really down.
32. You keep me in check with myself.
33. You don't make fun of me.
34. We wear the same shoe size which is very convienent.
35. You will let me borrow anything, anytime.
36. You were the best pregnant person I've ever been around.
37. You recovered SO fast from the pregnancy!
38. You just turned in your 120+ page dissertation proposal!
39. You've been awarded 2 fellowships!
And last, for now, and the most important one...
40. You gave me the best gift in the WHOLE entire world by letting me be in when you had Eli. No words could ever express my gratitude!!!

5 comments:

The Blevins' said...

You Win! You Win!! You Win! This is the best post ever. I mean seriously, 40 things!! I have tears in my eyes (and on my cheeks, and dripping down my neck...okay i am a mess). Thanks friend for your sweet post, you are the BEST! Don't know how I am going to top this one (heck, not even going to try).

Pam said...

Girl friends, what a blessing they are. Good post Jen!
You're both special!

jewels said...

I am so glad you love my daughter and are such a good friend. Did I tell you how thankful I am that you were with her while Eli was being born? I love you too!

jewels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jewels said...

I am so glad you love my daughter and are such a good friend. Did I tell you how thankful I am that you were with her while Eli was being born? I love you too!