Sunday, August 24, 2008

Last one for the weekend...the Scooter Store "picnic"

So about a month ago, Blake told me that The Scooter Store was going to have a company wide family picnic. I was thinking "wow..fun". A picnic with a bunch of people I don't know. And, it's a couple of days before school starts. Again, picnic. I am thinking hot dogs, maybe a moonwalk or two, and some face painting. Well, I was wrong. When The Scooter Store is going to have a family picnic, they are going to do it in STYLE!!




Here's what we saw as we were walking up.



Not so much as a picnic, but a full blown carnival. All for free too!





We found some kids "clowning around"




I found a guy on a scooter @ the scooter store picnic. I thought that was pretty darn funny.

They had the zipper, the kamikaze, 5 moonwalks, a candy apple stand, cotton candy, popcorn, carousal, different carnival games, couple spinney rides, a fun house, a roller coaster, bumper cars, picture taking, corn dogs, lemon aid, a rock climbing wall, and more! Insane. We all had a blast.

Here's the view from the ferris wheelCheck out all the people!!! There were over 1000 people there! Our shirts they had made for us were our "tickets" so that they could make sure they were all Scooter Store people.

Speaking of ferris wheel, here's Cam & I WAY up high. And yes, I was squashing Cam & peeing in my pants @ this moment. I am slightly afraid of heights.


Dad & kids on the Tilt-a-whirl. Just plain fun.

They did an amazing job. They had a Band, Rudy's BBQ catering, and prizes for the kids. We came home way too much stuff. Ohhh...and the things that came out of these kids mouths! (I have to start writing them down!) They just couldn't get over the fact that everything was "zero dollars" which is a BIG deal in the Taylor Family. When we were walking up, Brandon said that he could see the "miracle-go-round". He then saw something else and asked, "is that another ride or just a vegetarian?" WHAT? We asked if he knew what a vegetarian was, and he says..."Yeeesss. When I am doing something smart to Camron, and he says 'no you're not' I say yes I am, cause I'm a vegetarian." That my friends, is classic.

That's it for now. School starts in the morning!!

3 comments:

raenette said...

my my you have been busy, my friend. That carnival ROCKED

Pam said...

Wow what a fun time. Chesley's son works at the scooter store. Small world. What a way to have a picnic. Looks like fun.
Welcome to the blog world. I just found out you were blogging so I'll be checking it time and again. Great job.
Pam May (jenny's mom)

Anonymous said...

Jen...what a fun post!!! Just think...all these pictures would still be sitting in your camera, being enjoyed by nobody! I felt bad that we pushed so hard for you to blog sushi night. Now. I'm glad we did! Thanks for sharing. Have the boys seen it yet?