Wednesday, August 26, 2009

the chickens are a growing!

The kids are growing...the chickens are growing. Everything's growing. Except for the garden. It's dead. Dead as a door nail. It's a sad corner of the yard now. Oh well. There's always next year.

We got our new little experiment, called a chicken coop, back @ the end of April. It's been fun, and WAY messy & stinky, but fun.

This was the first day @ home - at about 12 weeks old.


Now they should be about 28 weeks, I think.







Now, if it would just cool down and not be 400 degrees, maybe they'd start laying me some eggs!

1 comment:

The Garrison's said...

Okay first, it makes me laugh that you have chickens - still! And, I love the first day of school post! I cannot cannot cannot get over how big your boys are. I can still see Brandon toddling around when yall first started at Riverside! Oh my gosh that seems like just yesterday and sometimes it seems like a lifetime ago! Love your precious family!