Friday, September 26, 2008

Just another day running errands

You walk into Home Depot. What do the kids do? INSTANTLY start climbing ALL OVER EVERYTHING!!! Then in the middle of the 5th lecture of "Let me tell you again-the reasons you can't climb on the racks @ Home Depot", Brandon grabs himself (normal!), and says, "I've got to peeeeeeeeeeeee". They ALWAYS have to go to the bathroom @ Home Depot. I think it's just this malfunctioned inner brain thing that they are born with. It goes something like this-You walk into a store and your kid, anywhere from 2 1/2 years old to I think 15ish, and the kid has to either pee or poop. The store that the kid has chosen either does not have a customer bathroom available-and you have to walk, WITH the people that work there, through the super over crowded back room, to a place that only resembles a bathroom because there's a toilet, OR a store where the bathroom is just a few feet away from walking to CHINA. That's the story @ Home Depot. The only way that you could be anywhere close to the bathroom is if you were looking for concrete bags. Seriously. Otherwise, you have to walk 150,000 feet with a kid holding his privates ALL the way to the bathroom. The people who designed these places did not have children.




Anyway, so we make it to the bathroom. I don't know what y'all normally see when you walk into the bathroom @ Home Depot, but here's our experience.



4 Dogs in a cart. In the bathroom. At Home Depot. That's normal, huh??

4 comments:

The Blevins' said...

What the !*&). 4 dogs in a cart near the bathroom I am so confused. Where is their owner and why did you let your kids hold these strange dogs.

Stephanie said...

Huh??? Were they giving them away? That's random! My kids are like The Bathroom Nazis and want to check out the bathroom everywhere we go...not to pee, but to judge the cleanliness of the bathroom..they are strange!

court garrison said...

Oh Jen. You are freaking funny and RIGHT ON! WHAT IS UP with the freaking lay out of these places? And the dogs? I am confused...explain pls.

Jen Taylor said...

ok...the pic. I'm waiting for the automatic flusher to flush on the potty, starting to hear the boys wash their hands, and I hear this lady struggling to get a cart through. I am still in the stall @ this point-you know with my mom ears, which hears something and instantly starts thinking of what in the heck could be going on, and I am picturing a lady with an infant carrier. Why else would you need your cart in the bathroom of home depot? No, no car carrier, it's this sweet lady with a cart full of 4 dogs. RANDOM. Then I decide, hey good post, I need a picture, and say, "Hi, this is just funny, but can my kids get in a picture with your dogs?" She agrees, then decides that one was too small to see, so she practicly threw it @ Cam so that her "baby" could be in the picture too. And-this all happened in a matter of 1 1/2 minutes, from the flushing of the potty. Awesome.