Monday, July 20, 2009

15 years came and went

There's times I feel old. There are times I feel young. This weekend was full of both.

For example, I feel young when I see the old women that always seem to be @ HEB in Spring Branch right around noon. Old ladies & other really weird looking people. If you don't believe me, go hang out in the pharmacy right around noon. Not nearly as fun in the summer as it is in the school year though. So wait till about September. It wouldn't be nearly as fun with your little kids hanging on you anyway. Wait till they're in school or MDO.

Before this weekend, thinking about my reunion, I felt old. Seriously? Has it really been 15 years since I graduated high school? It feels like I just graduated. Then I think...hmmm...married almost 11 years with 2 kids. I did not just graduate. It has felt like 15 years. 15 good years!
Then I changed my mindset about it. I was feeling pretty ok with it all heading down to Corpus. Had on a new dress courtesy of my friend Brookie, had a great dinner w/my wonderful husband, got to talk to some old people @ the restaurant (really old-the guy had on suspenders. a classic.), and then headed to a bar for the reunion. That's when the old feeling started. I am too old to hang out at a bar. Even if it's a planned thing with a bunch of people my age. The music didn't even start till 9pm. I am normally washing my face headed for bed @ 9pm. Then, the kicker. At the bar, saw a table behind me. Bunch of "kids". Two of the girls had braces. Seriously. And not like people my age trying to correct their teeth from when they never wore their retainer when they were in high school, the kind of people who are really young, who have their braces on for the first time. I am old. Am I? Is 30something old? Hope not.

The reunion turned out really fun. We didn't have that very big of a high school class, 170ish, but 12 people showed up. 12 fun people though. We talked, reminisced a bit and talked about our how our families are growing up. After a good night, the 20 year already started getting lined out. Fun times still to come!
Class of 1994, in 2009


Tracy & I lived right across the street from each other growing up.
Rhonda & I
Gotta love self portraits!

2 comments:

The Blevins' said...

Cute Cute. You were definitely the youngest old person there :). Fun times.

Tootle Family said...

Oh gosh...this means mine is next year. 15 years...for real?!?! yes, good ones indeed, but dang.

you're the cutest in the bunch...not that that matters. I'm just sayin'.